Here are some tips that helps a lot in our household.
- Re-sealing an Envelope: Sealed envelope- Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed.
- Organize the Cords: Use empty toilet paper roll to store appliance cords. It keeps them neat and you can write on the roll what appliance it belongs to.
- Removing Permanent Marker: Permanent markers on appliances and counter tops can be removed with rubbing alcohol on paper towel.
- Blood Stains on clothes: Just pour a little hydrogen peroxide on a cloth and wipe off every stain of blood.
- Window Washing: Use vertical strokes when washing the windows outside and horizontal strokes for the inside windows. This way you can tell which side has the streaks. Vinegar will get outside windows really clean. Don't wash windows on a sunny day, they will dry too quickly and probably streak.
- Room Scent: Spray a bit of perfume on the light bulb in any room to create a lovely light scent in each room when the light is turned on.
- Fresh Smelling Clothes: Place fabric softener sheets in dresser drawers and your clothes will smell freshly washed for weeks. You can also do this with towels and linens.
- Longer Lasting Candles: Candles will last longer if place in the freezer at least 3 hours prior to burning.